Monday, February 27, 2012

Canadian store owner defeats anti-Israel boycotters

Boycott on Vancouver store owner who insists on selling Israeli goods backfires following Ynet story. 'People won't stop calling and ordering products,' she says.
(Ynet) The story of Shani Bar-Oz, a Canada-based Israeli facing venomous protests outside her Vancouver soap products store, elicited a huge wave of support and generated new business, the shop owner [t]old Ynet.

"I received a huge embrace and plenty of support," Bar-Oz said, after an article about her plight appeared on Ynet. In the story, the store owner, who insists on selling Israeli products, shared her fears of contending with anti-Israel protesters targeting her business and shouting anti-Semitic slogans.

However, it now appears that the boycott campaign against Bar-Oz has backfired, with new orders pouring in as result of the story.

"There were Israelis who came into the store and said they saw the article and want to support and help me; I expressed my heartfelt thanks to them," she said. "People won't stop calling and ordering products on the phone and online, and this is truly touching and making me stronger."

"I'm now preparing for the boycotts of 'Apartheid Week,' but at least I understand that there are so many supporters behind me," she said. "I feel that I'm not forgetting where I came from and helping my homeland."

More...